February 16, 2020
From Gerald R. Lucas
Religion Is a Poison: A Bibliography
Religion: One of those forces in the world that drives us apart, keeps us in the dark, and does more evil than it has ever done good.
- Dawkins, Richard (2008). The God Delusion. New York: Mariner Books.
- Hitchens, Christopher (2008). God Is Not Great. Boston: Little, Brown.
- —, ed. (November 6, 2007). The Portable Atheist: Essential Readings for the Nonbeliever. New York: Da Capo Press.
- McPhillips, Deidre (January 23, 2018). "Religion Needs a Savior". US News and World Report. Retrieved 2020-02-16.
Experts agree that finding a human connection at some level can help build empathy and bridge the gap between conflicting ideologies and identities.
- Newberg, Andrew (May 31, 2011). "Religious Experiences Shrink Part of the Brain". Scientific American. Health. Retrieved 2020-03-06.
A study links life-changing religious experiences, like being ‘born again,’ with atrophy in the hippocampus.