February 26, 2022
Calm and cool, this morning’s quiet brings a nice respite from my hectic week, though the Putins of the world are doing their best to ruin it. I feel guilty sitting by my comfortable fire and having my coffee while the world becomes more hostile many others. I have some issues myself, but in comparison, they are trivial compared to what Ukrainians are going through. Or identity seekers in Florida. Or trans youth in Texas. Or teachers across the country. Or facts under attack by whitewashed narratives disguised as history. Maybe I’m just getting the bad bits. How can I filter those out? Why do we fight so hard to be such overbearing assholes? Maybe all these little Putins are the obsolete ones, and the world would be a much better place if they just fucked off. How far will these tyrants pull us to the right before we say enough?
Like those I mention above, I just want to be left alone to do my thing. Why is that so difficult?
What a week.
- Why does Putin’s invasion of Ukraine remind me of the beginning of the Blitz, though we’ve seen this coming for years?
- Listening to Putin blather on about Nazis and genocide and liberation sounds like ’Rump. They both live in a fantasy world, yet the real world is now going to pay for it they myopic delusions. My feeling Tuesday was similar to that dread I felt about two years ago reading about this rapidly spreading virus in China. Check out this essential reading.
- And shame on you, Publix, for supporting this heinous bill.
- The real child abuse comes from bigots and religions zealots, like the American Taliban that currently govern Texas.
- Georgia is not immune to this absurdity, either. All education in this state is under attack. We faculty are the “woke” enemies, and maybe a new chancellor can finally make us compliant.