June 19, 2019

From Gerald R. Lucas

Site Updates


I have done some font and skin tweaking to both this site and Project Mailer. I changed the skin here to Chameleon, but left the more familiar Vector on PM. What an improvement! I also discovered how to change the site-wide CSS, so I had to update the fonts for both sites: both use Alegreya and Alegreya Sans thanks to Google Fonts. For this site, I have the serif version as the main text, and sans-serif as the headers; vice versa for PM. I have to say I’m pretty pleased with the outcome.

I really love how MediaWiki is a platform. I’m discovering that it really is like its own operating system, and it pleases the geeky side of me to no end. Like Linux, I can always figure out — through a simple Google search — answers to problems that arise. Easy. The only issue that I have not been able to track down is my slow saves on both sites. I suspect it’s an extension, but so far I have not tried to investigate it. I should. I just have to turn all extensions off and then back on one-by-one. Tedious, bit at least I’ll know.

Thanks, MediaWiki contributors.