February 13, 2019
I found something worthy of your time: “The Bad Seed” is an episodic graphic novel about our current predicament. Individual 1 has the perfect name, too.
During my “executive time” today, I read another article about intermittent fasting.[a] I’m considering trying it, and the article, though redundant and geared toward women, gives some good advice. I recall reading on Tim Ferriss’ blog at some point (I can’t find it now) an article by a scientist who did a study on intermittent fasting who said it didn’t work.[b] Still, I can see it as something to be disciplined about, and that may help my current impasse. It also sounds like an approach like the 16:8[c] would be the least inconvenient for my family.
If I try it, I’ll document my progress here.
Today features only one photo from my baby album, since page three only had this big Olan Mills portrait, to the right. So, I thought I’d post some photos that I scanned for Mom a while ago, too.
Oh, and I received a big box of Mailer goodies from Mike today about An American Dream. I’m excited to go through it. My graduate class will be using it for their Digital Humanities project this semester. More on this as I figure it out.
- I’m reluctant to link it because it leads to another web site that’s super annoying with huge ads and popups and overlays and calls for notifications. Jesus, people. I get it: money is important, but it makes going to your web site a chore and encourages me never to return. Give it a rest.
- Yes, there was more to it than that, but I don’t remember the details. It’s not this.
- Eat for 8 hours, fast for 16.
- Mom says, “[This photo is] my favorite. We look like two poor beggars looking for a handout.”
- Mom says, “Easter Sunday. Mom and my Aunt Helen [Gertrude’s sister] would make us the same dresses for different occasions. Christmas, Easter, birthdays, our First Communions. That’s mine in the pic of Gail and me. She made hers a year later.” 565 Purcell Avenue, Price Hill, Cincinnati, OH.