January 1, 2019
From Gerald R. Lucas
Well, time for the obligatory resolutions.
- Be present.
- No drinking. Eat right.
- Maintain 155.
- Journal daily.
- Don’t buy anything.
- This means I’m going to start meditating again and get back into my Buddhist studies. I want to be with my family. Be a good father and husband. In the present. Leave the past to the past. Oh, and part of this resolution will include giving up social media.
- I’m going to drink at all until I don’t not drink. I turn 50 this year, and I’ve seen the consequences of alcohol on my father, so I know I need to cut back. I’ll see how long I can go without drinking this year, then, I’ll try to only drink on cheat days.
- No processed food. Low carbs. This will be tough. I will try. Thank goodness for cheat days.
- I need to get back to 150, then see if I can maintain something close. It’s getting increasingly more difficult to maintain an acceptable weight. Since I’ve been working out, I should be able to do this. Orange Theory will help, and I seem to have little difficulty keeping with that. Exercise isn’t the problem — eating and drinking is.
- Post something each day. This is for Henry.
- I don’t need anything material. Let’s spend on experiences and getting out of debt. I want to reaffirm my minimalist lifestyle.