This chapter outlines the foundations of writing digital: i.e., writing for screen-based media. While the writing strategies here borrow some ideas from those we employ when writing on paper, the overall emphasis is toward moving away from paper and and adopting habits that allow for the best communication in the age of mobile devices.
. . .
Citations & Notes
Purchases made through the links below go to support this work. I appreciate your support.
- Applen, J. D. (2013). Writing for the Web: Composing, Coding, and Constructing Web Sites. New York: Routledge. p. 188.
- Barr, Chris (2010). The Yahoo! Style Guide. New York: St. Martin's Griffin.
- Carroll, Brian (2017). Writing and Editing for Digital Media. New York: Routledge.
- McLuhan, Marshall (2003) . "The Medium Is the Message". In Wardrip-Fruin, Noah; Montfort, Nick. The New Media Reader. Cambridge: The MIT Press. pp. 203–209.
- Nielson, Jakob (October 1, 1997). "How Users Read on the Web". Nielson Norman Group. Retrieved 2018-12-26.
|June 30, 2019||Version: Beta 0.1|