Ludology Questions for Consideration
From Gerald R. Lucas
- What is ludology? Who is associated with the study?
- What is simulation? In what ways is it important?
- What do the ludologists object to in the approach of narratology or cyberdrama?
- Aarseth states that a computer “is not a medium.” What does he mean?
- How does Moulthrop theorize “serious play”?
- What is a “configuration practice”?
- What does Jenkins identify as the “narrative possibilities” of games? (Cf. “micro narratives”)
- What is “environmental storytelling”?
- Why is space and spatiality important in ludology?
- How does ludology fit with our current discussions of a new media approach to education?