Murray Questions for Consideration
From Gerald R. Lucas
Consider each question not only in the context of Hamlet on the Holodeck, but its greater significance to new media.
- What is narrativism? (Also called cyberdrama.)
- What is a “multiform story”?
- What is a holodeck? Where did the term come from? What does Murray do with it?
- How does Murray define a “cyberbard”? Are there any working today?
- What is the importance of narrative for human culture?
- What ideas that we have examined in class so far are important in Murray’s work?
- What are the essential properties of digital environments?
- What are the characteristic pleasure of digital media?
- What is the traditional place elf authority in narrative? How is the notion of “author” changing?
- What is agency and why does it seem to be important in digital media?